Sunday 5 February 2012

Day 34 - Thank you for the Cassava Cake

Thank you Lord for the Cassava Cake!

I thank God for allowing us to make cassava cake last Thursday night. It is with great effort that we make this cake with my housemates. I thank God for sending a friend who knows how to do this delicious food as I am really a fun of cassava cake. I can eat one big pan of this is one go.

First, we grate the cassava. As I want more of this cake for my housemates also, we make cassava cake in two sets. I was the one who grate the cassava and I am very afraid that I will get hurt in the process because the grater is too sharp for me that one single mistake will cause me to have a wound. But all thanks to God, what I’m afraid of never happens. After grating all the cassava, we squeeze them in a clean white cloth to remove the juice so that the cake will be smoother and also for the cake to be not bitter. Then we put sugar coconut milk, cheese, egg, butter and evaporated milk and mix them all. We also have the oven ready on 350 degrees. Then we put the batter on the oven and wait for 1 hour for it to cook. While waiting, we make the syrup for the top. We put flour, sugar, evaporated milk, coconut, and cheese and make them a little thick. We put it at the top after we take the mixture from the oven and put some egg white. According to our chef, we have to broil it but because our oven cannot perform this task, we leave it like that. And cassava cake is done!

It was awesome. To learn to cook something I really like no matter how hard it is. I really learn that I can do anything; no matter how hard it is, as long as I love its corresponding result. I learn that I should not avoid to take the process and pain in making but rather to be excited to the fruit of my labor.

Thank you Lord God!

No comments:

Post a Comment