Saturday 14 January 2012

Day 14 – Thank you for the Gift of Hearing


Thank you Lord God for the gift of Hearing!

I thank God for giving us the sense of hearing. Through hearing, we can understand what other people are saying. Story-telling is easier. Laughter becomes alive. Music gives melody. Hearing birds chirping is a gift from God. Through hearing, appreciating life and sounds and melodies around us sound heavenly. Through hearing, learning us also becomes easier. We can just listen to our teachers and friends, listen to their stories and we can learn the lessons they want to impart.

For me, one of the gifts of hearing is by listening to the music because music adds color to my life. When I seem bored to my work, I just play music and my sleepiness will be gone. Listening also to audio books is one of my past times. So whenever I don’t have time to read a book, I will just listen to their audio book version and it feels as fun as reading with the feelings delivered by the voice in the audio book. Explaining something also becomes easier with the sense of hearing present in both parties. They can talk about the subject and make their question and answer portion. We can also detect other people’s feelings through the sense of hearing. As we can differentiate each voice tone, we can mellow down and say sorry if we hurt somebody.

Truly, there are many gifts God has given to us that come from His gift of hearing. Appreciating, learning, understanding, communicating and many more becomes easier. And God really loves us for giving this wonderful gift of sense to us. I pray that we use this gift for us to better understand one another.

Thank you Lord God!

No comments:

Post a Comment