Friday 6 January 2012

Day 6 – Thank you for Rest Days

Thank you Lord for all the rest days from work!

Rest day is the one thing I enjoy the most. After 5 weeks of working, a well-deserved rest day is a must. After all, God also enjoy some rest after creating the world in 6 days. And I am very blessed because God allowed me to have two. How nice the feeling is. Thank You Lord!
What did I do on my 2 day rest?

Hmm.. On my rest day, I actually wake up late. My time of waking up is usually 10 o’clock in the morning. Some of my friends say that it was too early as they wake up at around 12 pm. Others say that it was too late because they wake up the same time as if there was work. But it’s really depend on us. So every morning, I take a brunch with my housemates. Sometimes, it was a quick fix especially when we decided to attend mass on that day. Then when I was scheduled for cleaning the kitchen or the comfort room, I did it also on my rest day. Then call to my family back home. Checking their condition, their health and what they want or need. Checking also for some news on our relatives. It was fun. Sometimes I feel lonely just talking to them but I know I need to earn and find a way to be with them. Then, as it is a rest day, internet galore is in! Watching movies, teleserye and anything that I was interested in.

My second rest day was spent ironing clothes, shopping for our food, cooking, anything that I need to fix before going back to work.

It’s nice having a rest day. It’s nice having a time to do things differently for after doing same things for five days. It’s nice to talk to my family. It’s nice to do shopping with my housemates. It’s nice to take a while and take a deep breath and assess the situation and happenings in my life. It’s nice to enjoy simple things. To spend my rest day just as it is.. A rest day with some housework.

And I pray to take a vacation soon as my way of resting. I’d like it to be on the beach with my family and I know God is preparing it for me. My ultimate rest day!



No comments:

Post a Comment