Tuesday 17 January 2012

Day 17 - Thank you for the Food


Thank You Lord God for the Food we eat!

I thank you Lord God for providing us food in our table. I always love to eat and I ate anything edible except bitter melon (ampalaya) and lady’s fingers (okra). I don’t know why I didn’t learn to eat these foods though I know that they are good for my health. But any other food, I love to see on my plate. I love anything to do with the food. Sometimes I don’t want to cook but since I’m not with my family, I learn to cook for myself and also for my housemates. But I don’t have any specialty and I’m not very particular with the taste of the food. As long as they are edible, can be chewed and do not have poison, you can count me to eat them.

My favorite food is... I really want to eat rice. So whatever the main dish is, it’s for me. My favorite dish is fried chicken, chicken adobo, pork caldereta, pork steak, pakbet, chopsuey, fried fish and any vegetable, meat and fish that was prepared for the day. But as it is me who do the grocery shopping, I can control what food we have. Yippee! But also, the sad part is, I’m always the one who have to cook them as my housemates came late after work and I can’t wait for them to cook as I am already hungry after work.

Eating is one of my hobbies. I eat until I’m full. And nowadays, I feel like taking all the food that I can than to throw them. I always say to myself that it’s not good to waste food because there are so many people around the world that do not have something to eat. So I try to eat any food as long as they are not spoiled.

 I think we all have to be careful with the amount of food we prepare as we should eat them and not waste them. Because there’s a lot of people out there who does not have food to eat even if they are hungry and even if their lives depended on it.

I thank God for providing food on our table and I pray that we will always remind me to always be grateful whatever food is on the table and eat them with gusto. I pray to God that he will always remind me to share my food for those who does not have them and always remember them whenever I eat.

Thank You Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment